Subtle Whisper is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Under the GDPR of May 2018, the data controller is Subtle Whisper. This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy, or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Our policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us, including when you visit our social media pages or website currently located at www.subtlewhisper.com or when you contact us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address)
- Details of your orders and purchases.
- Your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further Your rights in relation to your personal information)
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us on our site www.subtlewhisper.com or social media pages;
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Your marketing preferences.
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our site, and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
We will not hold your personal information in a specific format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not transfer your personal information outside of Europe. If we do so, we will let you know and take measures to protect your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If we transfer your personal information to, or store it in, countries located outside of the EEA (for example, if our hosting service provider changes) we will amend this policy and notify you of the changes. We will also ensure that appropriate measures are in place for the transfer and storage of that information, as required by law. As some countries outside of the EEA do not have adequate data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA.
If we transfer your personal information to the United States of America, we will only send the personal information to companies that participate in the Privacy Shield Framework or other relevant Frameworks if replaced, in accordance with the law. Where applicable to data transfer, we may act in conjunction with the decisions of the European Commission about certain countries for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
At Subtle Whisper we take the security of your personal information seriously. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and we ask you to exercise caution. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access,unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Site. To check that you are in a secure area of the Site before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 characters with a combination of letters and numbers. We recommend you frequently change your password – you can do this by going to “My Account” and clicking “Change name, email or password”. Keep your passwords private. Please try to avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Subtle Whisper asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Compliance of our Legal Obligations
Subtle Whisper will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- To keep a record relating to the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
- To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law.
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the products we provide.
We will use your personal information where this is in your vital interest to notify you of any product recall issues.
If you have requested to receive marketing information from us, we may use your personal information to contact you by email, online or by post to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, by sending an email to email@example.com or by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To our third-party service providers, representatives, and suppliers for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our site, and social media pages.
When we use suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access any personal information that we hold that is about you, and you can request:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
COOKIES & IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Subtle Whisper will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
This policy was last updated June 2020.